The Changing Shape of Defence
our team make it their mission to overcome the challenges facing today’s armed forces
UK Defence requirements are changing in response to shifting threats and a shrinking budget – but this does not mean shrinking opportunities. On the contrary the MOD will be seeking both to outsource more capability and to use technology more effectively, offering real opportunities for suppliers to the defence market.
However, changes in the acquisition organisation, devolution of budgets to Front Line Commands and changes in strategic priorities require the defence industry to be MOD-savvy, adaptive, swift to spot the right opportunity, effective in reaching and shaping MOD decision-makers, as well as aggressive in winning bids.
The atmaana team comprises experienced defence industry executives and advisors, together with former senior military and MOD crown servants, and has a long track record of enabling suppliers to win MOD contracts. Our team bring deep knowledge and experience of MOD organisations and responsibilities, and applied experience of the practices and processes for the technical development, acquisition, fielding and in-service support of MOD equipment.
We understand the challenges and we know how industry can meet it through:
• Developing appropriate business strategies and routes to MOD markets
• Analysis of MOD requirements and the development of winning solutions
• Evaluation and development of winning proposals and bid responses
• Competitor evaluation and market positioning
• Reaching and influencing opinion-formers and decision-makers at all levels